CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 15, 2009

Talent Show

Last week we had our school Talent Show. It was a great turnout and the room was packed for both shows. All the kids did a great job.
My kids did the Hoedown Throwdown from Hannah Montana.
Hunter & Yanira in their cowboy gear

The girls in my class performed a ballet dance. They stayed in for recess every day for 3 weeks to learn it and their hardwork paid off. Our librarian said it gave him goosebumps! You can't see their butterfly wings in the picture but they sure look cute in person.

My kickboxing girls did a great job with their dance "Let's go Crazy!" They were the opening act of the show.

We ended the show with the teacher dance. This year we did the evolution of dance which I found from some comedian on youtube. All the kids were amazed... especially when Mrs. Ortman did the worm!
I'm so glad to be at a school that allows me to use my creativity. I've heard of a number of nightmare schools where they can't even have any assemblys. The kids really look forward to this event and ask about it all year long. I feel so greatful to have such wonderful and supportive bosses who let me put together something like this and I'm especially grateful to all the teachers who helped me out and made this such a fun day to remember.
Tom Williams Rocks!


1 comment:

Tami said...

Wow, you've been busy teaching dances! Sounds fun...I hope you have it recorded & ready to show me! :)