CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Track Break!

Today I am officially on track break! woo hoo!
Yesterday we couldn't have our regular routine since we tracked out on a Wednesday, so we spent the whole day learning about bears! The kids had a lot of fun!
We brought our teddy bears to school to help us with some activities.
We hibernated in our "caves" with our teddy bears (reading under the tables).
Then we wrote a poem about our teddy bears.



We did some bear math... sorting, counting and graphing gummy bears. Yum!

We read a couple of versions of Goldilocks and the Three bears and compared them... then we made our own book (forgot to take pics of that).
We ended our day with a Teddy Bear's Picnic. We had to come in disguise because of course only bears are allowed... so we put on our hats and enjoyed some bear food: Fish and honey (goldfish crackers, and honey combs). We used these to practice our subtraction facts too.

The end!
Brady and I are excited to come up to Utah tomorrow! I am soooo ready for a vacay! Can't wait to see everyone!




2 comments:

Carrie said...

You are such a fantastic teacher! I love seeing the pictures of your cute class!

Jess,Von, and Samantha Higgs said...

Hey now htat you are on track break we need to hang out! I miss you! We can go swimming! Call me!