CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 15, 2008

UtAh TriP!!!

Wedding Dress:
So I was having a hard time finding a modest wedding dress in Vegas so I met my sista in Salt Lake for 4 days of fun! My best friend Marcie lives there so we picked her up and had a fun girls day of shopping. My mom found a wedding dress she really liked online and emailed it to me about a month ago... so when we went there she requested that I at least try it on and take a picture for her. So we went to several shops that day and I found one I kind of liked but I wasn't completly satisfied. We drove to Provo for one more shop called Walker's Bridal and the dress that my mom liked was there. So we were like well, better try this one on for mom..... and then I put it on and we all gasped, and I said "oh my gosh! I think this is the one!" Gosh I love my mom! I guess moms really do know what's best :)

The Nances:
I'm bummed I didn't get any pictures, but Brady's mom Gloria met up with us at Walkers and she got to see the dress too. She actually recomended that place (cuz moms know best :). Then Brady's sister Natalie came out and we went to eat at a cute little Italian place. I'm glad we got to meet up!

Shopping:
Since we were so successful on finding my dress on the first day, the rest of the week was spent shopping and having fun with friends and family. We went to Gardner Village with Marcie and her little girl Sadie. Sadie is the cutest thing and such a good shopper! I'm so excited for her to be one of my flower girls!




More Shopping:
I discovered a new favorite place to shop... Tai Pan. We spent hours there and it's just one store! It was fun to start shopping for decor for Brady and I.

Here's the damage of the trip:
I decided to do turqoise and brown in the kitchen

black and white with some damask print in the master bedroom and bathroom
my sister bought me a cute damask print lamp but it's being shipped here
(thanks for the early christmas present sista!)
and brown, beige, and green in the living room
Memory Lane:
We dropped by my grandma's old house to see how much it's changed. It was way cuter when she was around. She was so good at gardening. But here's a picture in front of the tree.

The Chapmans:
We stayed at Janet and Gaylen's house for two nights and it was so fun to catch up with them and my cousins. We got to hear some funny stories from Janet and Gaylen's dating years. Here's a pic with Dani and Kristen. I'm excited for all of them to come down for the wedding!










2 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm sad I missed you!!! I was out of town this weekend and I would have loved to see you. The dress is beautiful! I can't believe you were at Tai Pan! I live right up the street from there. I walk to Tai Pan all the time! Next time you are here lets get together for sure!

Nate and Marcie said...

It was so fun shopping with you & I loved being a part of the wedding dress shopping. What a fun day! Love you!